Hogwarts, Diagon Alley and Harry Potter World, Florida

| On
16:35:00

Oh it's been a while! I have just started rereading the Harry Potter series and am so inspired to revisit and reflect on my incredible trip to Universal Studios in Florida this January. Major Bucket List item crossed off! It's every Harry Potter nerd's dream to make it to Hogwarts in Florida, and it did not disappoint.

Let me start by talking about the rides. There are three rides within the Harry Potter World and hands down, Harry Potter and the Escape from Gringotts is the best ride I've been on in my life. EVER.  The moment we got off the ride we ran back up the Single Rider queue faster than you can say Quidditch. The details put into both Gringotts and Hogwarts is next level. It was also astounding to see how much space is dedicated to the queue lines - thankfully we were visiting during off season and walked straight onto the rides, but it must get crazy busy during peak season! On our way through to the Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey ride, we practically walked 5 miles through the castle to get to the ride. Imagine waiting in a queue that long? Not going to lie, for Harry I would do it.

The other Harry Potter ride was the Dragon Challenge Roller Coaster where you had a choice between riding the Hungarian Horntail or Chinese Fireball. Naturally we rode them both!












The Harry Potter Wizarding World is located within Universal Studios in Florida. There are two parts to the World; Diagon Alley and Hogsmeade. Universal is super cheeky and have built each part within the separate worlds of Universal Studios, meaning you have to pay to visit 2 parks to see all of the Harry Potter World. Cheeky bastards! They know us Harry Potter fans will part with our cold hard cash to see both.

My friend Mark recommended we start at Diagon Alley before taking the Hogwarts Express over to the other side of the park to Hogsmeade. It was the best recommendation ever, getting off the train and stepping out in front of Hogwarts is magical. The train is a ride within itself, featuring a screen in the window that moves like we're speeding past country side on the way to Hogwarts. So good!

So I spent a small fortune in Hogsmeade. I was determined to get myself a wand at Ollivanders and I have no regrets spending the equivalent of 5 hours of work on what is essentially a piece of wood in a box. (Pffft, I bought a wand! A real wand! With a skull on the end! Yes, it's a Death Eaters wand.)  I also spent extra on the more expensive wand so I could get an official Ollivanders bag. THAT'S WHAT A TRUE FAN WOULD DO.

I also picked up a Ravenclaw Quidditch Team badge, Bertie's Botts Every Flavored Beans, Butterbeer Fudge and a Chocolate Frog. I really wanted wizard robes but decided not to part with the $100USD for them. REGRET. That's what credit cards are for am I right??

We had lunch at the Leaky Cauldron and ended the day with Butterbeer slushies watching the sunset over Hogwarts. This was one of the most magical days of my life, and I cannot wait to go back!










Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment