The Bergen Railway, Norway

| On
15:01:00

Let me start by saying that Norway is one of the most beautiful, incredible, stunning places I have ever been to. This was a 3 day, full-on adventure, I'm talking proper early mornings and super late nights to get as much Norway in as I could in such a short amount of time. I found a £20 return flight to Oslo and quickly started planning my journey around the country. My original plan included Bergen but it later had to be given the flick in favour of intense Fjord viewings. 

This is how my Norway trip planned out:
- Day 1: Arrived in Oslo 7pm
- Day 2: 5am Bergen Railway to Myrdal, Flåm Railway to Flåm, Nærøyfjord Cruise, arrive in Gudvangen at 9pm.
- Day 3: 7am bus to Voss, 5 hours in Voss, train to Oslo. Oslo exploring.
- Day 4: Viking Ships, Culture Museum, 2pm flight home.

I won't lie, I went home absolutely exhausted. But 100% worth it.

This post is really about the Bergen Railway. The Railway runs from Oslo to Bergen and takes nearly 7 hours. I didn't get as far as Bergen, instead getting off at Myrdal about 5 1/2 hours from Oslo. The scenery was incredible and so varied. We went from city to valleys full of wildflowers, to glaciers to rural country life and back again. I spent much of my time being that annoying person with their camera stuck to the window. SNAP SNAP SNAP. 

FUN (nerd) FACT!  Finse was used as the ice planet Hoth in the original Star Wars film. 

Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment