#TRAINSPOTTINGLIVE IN GLENFINNAN

| On
04:36:00

We spent the night at Kinlochleven in glamping pods. Let's just say the less said about them the better, BUT what we did discover on our little glamping pod tv was Trainspotting Live, one of the weirdest and most wonderful tv shows I've ever witnessed. It also became a theme for the trip #trainspottinglive. A show dedicated to spotting trains around the UK. And we're not talking about the Orient Express, or a steam train that's having it's first run since 1922, these are your everyday trains that I never knew were such a fascination to trainspotters. The show would cross live to someone at a train station who was getting super excited that Train no 2222 was pulling up and he can now cross that off his list. The host of the show was extremely excited for every single train spot, and even once used the phrase "well spotted Dick", which is a quote for the ages.

We started to drive out of Kinlochleven before slamming on the brakes for a photo opportunity because look at that reflection. Scotland may be a small country but it can take forever to drive from one place to another as the scenery is just too incredible to miss. Got to take those ridiculous selfies! I had just purchased a tripod and remote which was genuinely the best purchase of my life. We know we looked like right fools posing in front of our mini tripod setup but IT WAS WORTH IT.

We drove out to the Glenfinnan Viaduct to see the Hogwarts Express #trainspottinglive. Harry Potter nerds united at the top of the lookout as we watched The Jacobite steam train puff it's way over the iconic viaduct. We made it to the top of the lookout with minutes to spare - seriously if we had missed it I would have been a cranky bitch for the rest of the day, probably the rest of the year. We also had to elbow our way through the crowd to get an uninterrupted photo of the area. Though every photo I took of the viaduct features someone's gold iPhone and selfie stick, but let's not dwell on that.

We stumbled upon a castle near Fort William, the Old Inverlochy Castle. I'll admit, I had to google this one as I had completely forgotten we even went. I'm ashamed to admit but I have lost track of how many castles I've now visited. Later we past Eilean Donan Castle, but we just didn't have the time to go inside. I'll be back! 






SaveSave
SaveSave
Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment